10.21.2011

Lindsey + Alex Wedding

When Lindsey contact me about doing her wedding, I was so excited! When I first started planing my own wedding back in January, one of my ideas was to have the wedding on top of a parking garage in Provo or Salt Lake. I wasn't able to find one we could use, so when she told me about her wedding, I couldn't wait to see how it turned out. It truly turned out amazing!! I am hoping the next year, I will see even more creative locations like this! It might be a difficult task but it is totally worth it!

Wedding planner: Holly Fowler, her email is hollyfowler@msn.com
Announcement design: Myself, printed at Square 1 Printing.
Flowers: Holly Fowler
Catering: Myself, we built the smore's troughs and all that. Smart Cookie catered the amazing sugar cookies.
Reception center: Rooftop of the Provo Town Center Parking Terrace (Contact: Richard Gregory, info@provotownsquare.net)
Cake: Sharon Beigler, my neighbor made the main cake. Myself and my friend made the grooms cake (the folded pair of Nudie Jeans, Alex has a bit of a denim obsession so I surprised him with it.)
Wedding dress: It was a skirt/shirt combo. The skirt was Monique Lhuillier, bought at Alta Moda. I designed the top out of a ghetto dress I found at the Bride's Shop and we used the lace to creat kind of a T-shirty top. Barbara Gant was my seamstress.
Shoes: Mine from Nordstrom, His from Aldo
Jewelry: The earings were vintage, from a thift store out east for $2 I bought at a family reuinion! They were such a great find. The bracelet was also vintage, it was my favorite piece of my Grandmother's that I inherited when she passed.
Suit: Custom designed by Alex and made at Perfectly Suited in Provo, alterations by Raheem at Elegant Tailoring in SLC. Denim tie and denim pocket square from J Crew.

Here's how they met:
We met 3 years ago in September at Betos, the classy mexican joint. We dated, broke up for a year, dated for a year, and got engaged. I surprised him and flew him to disneyland for the day for his birthday, and he surprised me and proposed. Double suprise, it was awesome. He's also a twin, and his twin married my best friend. Which works out nicely.

4 comments:

  1. B-E-A-U-tiful!
    Love your style. :)
    Keep it up Alix.

    ReplyDelete
  2. gorgeous photos! what a neat style they chose for their wedding. wonderful photos as usual :)

    www.andreabrionnephoto.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. FANTASTIC JOB! So beautiful and so natural!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful!!!
    Can you help me figuré out where she rentes the tables and furniture? I'm really looking into doing my wedding on a parking lot. Thank you! (:

    ReplyDelete

 
Pin It button on image hover