3.08.2011

Meredith + Mark Engagements



This shoot was sooo crazy. I am so thankful to Meredith and Mark for trying all of my ideas. First, I made them climb into a ditch, I made them ride a bike in the rain, and I made them stay in the rain to get soaking wet for some shots. They had full trust in me and were so willing to try everything. Below is a cute story of how they met--it worked out perfectly that it ended up raining during their shoot, because they actually danced and sang in the rang on one of their first dates.

Meredith and I met on July 3rd, 2010 at a firework show in Bountiful, Utah. We had mutual friends, so I had seen her before in pictures and always wanted the opportunity to meet her. At the fireworks I finally had that opportunity. She was even more beautiful in person than I remember seeing her in the pictures. 3 weeks later we were able to go on our first date. I was so excited to finally be able to take her out! The first date was amazing; I even held her hand! The next night we went to a park to spend more time getting to know each other. We walked for hours holding hands and talking. I was falling in love. The mood ring that she was wearing turned to the color blue which meant she was falling in love as well; even if she was scared to admit it. Then it started to rain. It poured and poured on us, we were soaking wet, but we didn’t seem to care because we enjoyed being with each other so much. We walked to the tennis courts and danced in the rain singing the song “Here Comes The Sun” by The Beatles which has now become one of our most memorable songs. As we danced in the rain we had our first kiss! I was on cloud nine! It was such a fairy tail evening. We have been together every day since.









































13 comments:

  1. i LOVE these. that girl is beautiful. i love the little boats. so original and SO cute. i love everything about these pictures. nice work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are SO awesome! It made me smile when I saw them! I was just wondering. Do you just do engagement and wedding shots in your shoots? I am thinking about having you take some of me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Also I just remembered! I was going to ask you, I am learning to do better photography. I have people that are asking me to do shoots. My only issue is I don't have many props. What are good things to use that are probably around the house? Could you go to my photography blog and comment on a post and let me know? I would so appreciate it!
    www.meghansnapphotography.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. yeah seriously. that girl is stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are some of the most amazing pictures I have ever seen. There is great picture after great picture, and so many brilliant prop, location, and posing ideas. Blows my mind.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful shoot! I love the feel of all of it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. how cute and interesting how everything worked out for them to remember the day they fall in love and be re capture for the engagement pictures, that is wonderful perfect! Beautiful photos too :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. alix. seriously. you just cease to amaze me. love this shoot so much.they look flawless. makes me crave to do a shoot!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I LOVE your creativity! these are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I absolutely love these, Alix. So freaking awesome. Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  11. this is one of my favorite ideas for engagement photoshoot you've done so far!! cute and beautiful pictures!

    Irina

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love these! You captured their connection perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow wow wow these are AMAZING. I can't stop looking at them!

    ReplyDelete

 
Pin It button on image hover